Wednesday, July 15, 2009

bread o'rama

I got some choice cheeses from my friends who work in the kitchen at Tizi Melloul, and decided I couldn't dare take them to see "Sunset Boulevard" in the park downtown without a proper bread to go with them. Of course each cheese was different so each one got a different loaf to accompany it. I made one plain white loaf, which started out as a boule, but I think my inability to let it be (too much kneading) made it into more of a ciabatta loaf. I then used a bit of that dough and kneaded in (and glazed with) a garlic, rosemary and lemon butter. Loaf three was a whole wheat+rye combo filled with raisins, dates, mission figs, almonds, walnuts and pecans. Here's a little snippet of what they looked like.

_MG_7437web

_MG_7398web

_MG_7421web

As you can see, the crumb is all pretty even, but the flavor what right on. I really need to try and get a truly french loaf. I think I might start that right now....

Oh and shout out to thefreshloaf.com for inspiration.

No comments: